In Search Of Freelance Resume Writing Jobs Online: Helpful Directions
If you have the talent to bring someone’s resume into the contemporary world adding some pitches, you are fit to work as a freelance resume writer. Remember, it’s not necessary that your resume should fit any job but your talent lies in to present the resume in such way that it qualifies for the series of job. It basically depends on your writing style and your creative expression.
Where to look for freelance resume writer jobs?
- Intense research and effective communication skills is the key to invade in this industry. If you are looking for a resume writer job, you should know proper usage of catch phrases to grab attention of people in-charge of making hiring process.
- Make a search on search engines employing job specific terms. Format your resume in variety of ways. Your resume should follow SEO friendly guidelines.
- Do researches in terms of jobs in market demand and in terms of client’s background persuading the hiring manager. Showcase your qualification and work experience.
- A resume writer should be adept in manipulating gaps due to unemployment and stagnant economies.
- Learn to write effective cover letter, pitches, be ready to sell ancillary services like proofreading etc.
What to do?
- When you work as a freelance writer you are not merely an individual but consider yourself as a business provider and highlight your services. To earn through such jobs, you need to show your online presence effectively.
- Include your website details wherein your portfolio will be revealed to the potential clients.
- Your profile should include varied fields you are good at.
- Maintain an effective social media presence.
- Attach relevant work samples, links and thumbnails of your projects. Keep it qualitative instead of quantitative.
- Reveal your personality, creativeness and cultural fitness as skills.
What you should include when applying for a freelance resume writer job:
- Include a small list of all your work samples that shows your work experience.
- You can also compile your work based on the skills you possess.
- Whether you follow a traditional mode of resume writing or a modern one highlight your best experience in either specialization.
- Include your years of experience as a freelance resume writer or as a writer who has been working in this field for long.
- Learn to boast a little and use verbs that describe you well.
- Include appropriate testimonials. It will breathe life into your resume.
- Keep your resume short and simple and do not overload it with heavy details. In all, two pages are more than sufficient for writing a killer resume. Don’t exaggerate your contribution.