Online freelance writing jobs for beginners
There is plenty of fish in the pond of freelancers and many local and international companies are now very keen at hiring people online for the supporting business operations. Freelance job hunters are both scared and distrustful of this concept and choosing their employers very carefully. These jobs hunters include content creators, marketers, graphic designers, photographers, web developers, game developers etc. College students, housewives, and unemployed people around the world are now reverting to this social medium of finding flexible online freelance jobs with reasonable pays. If you’re one of these job seekers and you don’t have an old friend waiting to hire you to create promotional content for his startup, chances are you’ll end up using the internet to find one for yourself.
So if you’re new to this world of virtual freelancing, we have some useful tips to help you get started.
- Search some popular sites that offer freelancing jobs. Ask around, do a little research before settling. BEWARE of frauds. Try to find out public reviews and ratings about such channels.
- Make an account by adding comprehensive details about your career as a writer. Lie a little if you have to, because nobody is looking for complete amateurs. You need to have some experience. But remember, just lie, don’t fake it.
- Look for small individual jobs, do not commit to something big. You want to see how you adjust to this world. It’s better to start off with individual articles and then move to bigger projects. Same goes for designers and web developers.
- Make sure you discuss the payment methods with your employer if it’s a paid job. Try to avoid jobs that involve complications.
- Follow the deadlines because first impression is the last one. And if you submit your work late you’ll lose your credibility and any possible future jobs from that particular employer.
- Don’t forget to ask your employer for feedback and reviews. You need to nurture your inner writer while you’re benefiting your employer.
- Be patient! Finding a suitable job for yourself maybe time taking. People who are willing to hire you need to make sure whether you’re right for the job. It might take days before you find your first job on your own, so you need to be very patient.
- It’s okay if you don’t start your freelance career with some giant company or project. In order to build your portfolio you need to start from the bottom of the food chain and gradually move up.