Working As A Freelance Sports Writer: Pro's And Con's
Freelancing is a great way to earn your livelihood. The best excitement about this type of work is that you can work independently and can have your own preferences. Further, you can also choose work according to your preference and liking. Freelance writing is an exciting work and it becomes more interesting if you are working as a freelance sports writer because sports will never let you get bored of work.
Pros of a freelance sports writer:
The following is a list of some of the pros of freelance sports writer:
- A freelance sports writer can work independently having his own schedule. He can plan his day off by working extra on any other day. You can work at any time of the day. If you are not an early riser, then never mind so you can work at any time of the as per your convenience and liking.
- Sports freelance writing will never make you bore of work as sports of all sorts are very interesting.
- You save a lot of time and money as well by doing freelance writing as you don’t need to spend on travelling and other costs which you can incur while you are working outside.
- You can take your office with you if you have to go somewhere to spend some time.
- A freelance sports writer is considered more productive and creative as compared to a sports writer working in a corporate office environment.
Cons of a freelance sports writer:
The following is a list of some of the cons of freelance sports writer:
- The payments for freelance sports writer or any other freelance writer don’t have a particular schedule. So this makes it extremely difficult to manage their budget.
- The freelance writer couldn’t get any other sorts of benefits which the other office going employees get, such as a travel allowance, free medical and paid leaves etc.
- A freelance sports writer while working from home can face a lot of distractions, especially if he is living with family.
- If you are working for someone else, then sometimes you really feel that when will this job last especially when you are not having good terms with your client or the middle man.
- Job security can be a big issue as there are no formal contracts.